Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC520 | 12 TB SATA | Enterprise HDD
(incl. all taxes)
- 12TB HDD Capacity
- SATA Interface
- 7200 RPM Disk Speed
- 356MB Memory Cache
- 3.5 inch Form Factor
7 Days Return
HIGHLIGHTS: WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12 TB SATA Enterprise HDD
Model – DC HC520
HDD Capacity – 12 TB
HDD Interface – SATA
Disk Speed (RPM) – 7200 rpm
Cache Size – 356 MB
ABOUT WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12 TB SATA Enterprise HDD
Ultrastar DC HC500 Series SAS or SATA HDDs are designed for public and private cloud environments where storage density and cost-effective infrastructure are critical. Laying the foundation for a worry-free data center, Western Digital offers a 12TB capacity drive to conquer the data explosion – the Ultrastar DC HC520, formerly known as the Ultrastar He12, and the helium-filled hard drive of our HC500 was part of the series.
Designed to handle up to 550TB of workload per year, the Ultrastar DC HC520 is the industry’s first 12TB1 drive and is powered by traditional vertical magnetic recording (PMR) technology to make it drop-ready for any enterprise-capacity application or environment. uses it. The stable internal environment created by fourth-generation HelioSeal technology enables a new 8-disc design, which increases capacity by 20% compared to the previous generation’s 7-disc design, the Ultrastar DC HC510.
This high-capacity helium drive provides one of the lowest power profiles in the industry to help data center architects meet eco-environmental goals and requirements. Targeted at 2.5M hours MTBF2, the Ultrastar DC HC520 builds on the successful design of its 10TB, 8TB, and 6TB predecessors to deliver the highest reliability ratings of all HDDs available on the market today.
Count on Western Digital and Ultrastar DC HC520 to deliver greater capacity, efficiency, reliability, and value to your data center. Data centers are facing increasing pressure. Data volumes are rising, and operating costs are rising, yet the budget is flat. Reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) has become a focus of data center architects and the WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12 TB SATA Enterprise HDD provides the best value proposition and greatest storage efficiency available.
Compared to 8TB Ultrastar air-filled drives, this HelioSeal hard drive delivers 50% more capacity, uses 52% less power (watt/TB), and is 25% more reliable, rated at 2.5M hours MTBF has been done. Datacenter-ready features such as a second-generation dual-stage actuator – the Western Digital Micro Actuator – enhance head-positioning accuracy to deliver improved performance, data integrity, and overall drive reliability, especially in multi-drive environments where operational vibration is present. A choice of 6Gb/s SATA and 12Gb/s SAS interfaces enables easy integration into high-performance data centers.
|Form Factor||3.5 inch|
|Data Transfer Rate||255 Megabits Per Second|
|Disk Speed (RPM)||7200 rpm|
|Cache Size||356 MB|
|Compatibility||Compatible with Windows, Windows Server, and Linux|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||147 x 101.6 x 26.1 (mm)|
- One MB (megabyte) is equal to one million bytes, one GB (one gigabyte) is equal to 1,000 MB (one billion bytes), and one TB (terabyte) is equal to 1,000 GB.
- The MTBF and AFR specifications are based on a sample population and are estimated by statistical measurement and acceleration algorithms under specific operating conditions for this
- drive model. MTBF and AFR ratings do not predict the reliability of individual drives and do not constitute a warranty.
- Advanced Format Drive: 4K (4096-byte) physical seconds
- The 512e model can be converted to 4Kn format and vice versa.
- A portion of the buffer capacity is used to drive firmware
- Peak value. Actual performance may vary. 1MiB = 1,048,576 Bytes (220), 1MB = 1,000,000 Bytes (106)
- SATA Model: Random RW 50/50 8KB QD=1 @40 IOPS
- SAS Model: Random RW 50/50 4KB QD=4 @Max IOPS
Specification: Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC520 | 12 TB SATA | Enterprise HDD